Hi! I'm Marco
Formally trained at the Apple Developer Academy, with a Computer Science background.
Since 2017 I have been designing and developing apps for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. Apple Scholarship Recipient. WWDC19 Scholarship Winner.
YOUR OWN WALL
YOUR OWN WALL creates new opportunities for relationships between artists, collectors and art galleries.
- Get in touch with artists, galleries and art project spaces
- Upgrade your profile and add artworks to your wall and selections
- Request an artwork for a specific timeframe
I designed and developed the iOS app using Combine and SwiftUI. I handled image caching and push notifications, and implemented Widgets.
I developed the APIs and the webpages in Server-Side Swift, using Vapor. I deployed it on Heroku and I used its addon Heroku Postgres (a database as a service based on PostgreSQL). I used AWS S3 to store images, implementing the AWS S3 Driver for the LiquidKit file storage solution. This first professional experience with Vapor gave me the chance to learn more about:
- Authentication and JWT
- Error handling, adding a custom error middleware
- Fluent and PostgreSQL Driver for creating model types which represent data structures in the database
- Leaf for generating dynamic HTML pages
MyTutela helps you gather evidence of stalking.
- Collect your files and store videos, images, audio recordings, conversations and notes.
- Take screenshots of specific webpages without leaving the app
- Use the Home Screen quick action in order to activate ambient recording by tapping and holding the app icon, when you feel threatened
- Backup your files to the cloud
- Designed and developed native iOS app using Combine and SwiftUI
- Implemented cryptographic functions using CryptoKit in order to safely encrypt data
- Worked with media files and zip files using ZIPFoundation SPM
- Implemented In-App Annual Subscription using StoreKit
The easiest basketball stats keeper app in the market. No registration required. Record your games stats in few taps.
- Compare teams stats during or after the game;
- Visualise your players trends in a specific time range;
- Filter stats by player, quarter, game and/or position in the court.
This is a personal project and my second app entirely written in SwiftUI. I used RevenueCat for the IAPs. I focused on Accessibility: it supports VoiceOver and Voice Control.
Alles Neu Land
The official media library app for the Alles Neu Land online cultural events.
- HLS video streaming in different qualities ranging from 360p up to 1080p;
- Supporting Picture in Picture for a multitasking experience;
- Autorenewable subscription to grant unlimited access;
This app was developed together with a backend developer. It is my first app written in SwiftUI. Our goal was to publish the app in a few weeks in order to have it available before the start of the first edition of the online event (and we succeeded! 🎉). We also wanted to test SwiftUI in production, as well as the other latest frameworks, such as: WidgetKit and Combine.
Read more about this amazing experience
BeMySpace is the best app for performing artists looking for a rehearsal space. Take a look and discover how many rehearsal spaces you didn't even know about are based around the corner!
- In the app you will be able to look for rehearsal spaces close to you, in other cities and with all the features you need
- You will be able to select the time slots you need to rent the studio and proceed with the payment, nice and easy
- The payment procedures are sure and managed through Stripe, one of the most affordable payment systems on the market
If you own and manage a rehearsal space:
- You'll be able to create a host profile, to create so many spaces you want, to post great pictures and create promotions to attract guests
- You'll be able to manage your schedule, deciding what time slots during the week you'll be managing through BeMySpace
- You'll receive the money directly on your bank account
I designed and developed the native iOS app. I transformed the designer mockups into ViewControllers, programmatically. I worked with the backend developer in order to define the API, the implementation of Stripe SDK and the error handling.
With DanceMe you can have your own dance Studio, talk about dance in your profile, move dance inside and outside theatres, in every corner of the world.
- Record your videos about dance and edit them with a wide range of filters and creative tools.
- Post them in one of the studios where professional dancers and choreographers rehearse. By actually taking part in their creative process, you will have the unique chance to leave your mark on their performances.
- Post your videos on your profile and connect with other users passionate about dance and digital media.
- Comment on the videos posted by the performers or by other users.
- Share videos on your social media profiles or via mail.
- Apply to be the new performer rehearsing in a studio.
- Designed and developed native iOS app
- Implemented animations using CoreAnimation
- Turned web app into native app, improving UI/UX and performances
- Implemented technology strategies in harmony with the company’s business needs